1. Sumatra Surf Resort will not be held liable nor is responsible for any damage/loss to any personal effects, illness, injury or loss of life caused whilst in transit or for the duration of guests stay at Sumatra Surf Resort.
2. We reserve the right to terminate any persons stay due to illegal ,criminal or anti-social behaviour.
3. CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS: Any cancellation must be communicated in writing to us at least 8 weeks prior to arrival and will incur a 30% levy of the package price. Cancellations made after this period will result in full forfeiture of the package paid. Deposits are only refundable if cancellation occurs 12 weeks or more prior to arrival. Refunds can take up to 6 weeks to process and remit.
4.Should the 30% deposit for a booking not be received within 7 days then we reserve the right to withdraw the booking and re-advertise.
5. Due to the remoteness of our location TRAVEL INSURANCE INCLUSIVE OF MEDI-VAC is mandatory.
6. In the event of airline delays/cancellations, natural disasters, civil commotion, terrorism, acts of god etc.Sumatra Surf Resort is not liable in any circumstance to reimburse the guest for any additional out of pocket expenses.
7. Sumatra Surf Resort does not condone nor will be responsible for any illegal activity that the guest is a party to and that contravenes the Laws of Republic of Indonesia.
8. Guests must have 6 months validity in their passport when entering Indonesia.
9. The guest acknowledges that the tourist visa obtained on entry at any port in Indonesia is a 30-day non-extendable visa.
10. The guest is aware that departure taxes both domestic and international are charged in all Indonesian airports.
11.Bookings from guests under the age of 18 will not be accepted unless they are accompanied by a parent or guardian.
12. Sumatra Surf Resort will endeavour to provide assistance to any guest to the best of it’s responsibility but in no way accepts any responsibility for guest actions.
13. Sumatra Surf Resort is not liable for any internet or computer related issues that may arise due to the course of the booking process or usage of at the resort.
14. Sumatra Surf Resort reserves the right to amend travel schedules due to adverse/unsafe weather conditions, safety issues or situations beyond our control at its absolute discretion.
15.Sumatra Surf Resort reserves the right to amend prices/scheduling, before or after your booking, until the full payment is received
16. Sumatra Surf Resort reserves the right to alter the Terms and Conditions at it’s absolute discretion. A copy of the Terms and Conditions will be included in your confirmation email.
17. Costs not included in Price:Transportation cost to and from the Resort “Ex Bandar Lampung “package is additional to nightly room rate, spending money, additional food, drinks and airport departure taxes.
18.The customer agrees that he/she may be photographed and/or filmed during his/her stay and/or activities in connection with SSR, and also agrees that the company may use such recordings for promotion and/or advertising purposes without any prior consent.
19.The participation in any of SSR’s services, arrangements and activities is at the customer’s own risk. The customer releases, waives and holds harmless SSR, its offices, agents and/or employees from all claims, losses, damages, commitments, expenses (including legal costs) during or in conjunction with his/her participation in activities conducted and organized by SSR, which may arise from, but are not limited to any injury, accident, illness, death, material damage or personal damage to the customer or to others.
These terms and conditions, waivers and indemnities are specific to our Learn to Surf packages and Adventure Tours. They form part of our standard Terms and Conditions. By booking and or paying a deposit for any of our packages/tours signifies your acceptance of our general terms and conditions and these additional conditions listed below. PT Sumatra Surf Resort is hereby expressed as “SSR” in the below conditions.
1. Cancellation by SSR
SSR reserves the right to resign from a contract under extraordinary circumstances: If the booked service and/or arrangement cannot be provided due to force majeure (e.g. epidemics, storms, catastrophes , natural disasters, strikes, political unrest, war, terrorism, etc ), or if certain conditions present unacceptable danger to the participant, SSR has the right to cancel the contract with immediate effect. Payments already made by the customer for the package will be refunded. Any expenses incurred above and beyond the original invoiced amount will not be refunded.
If SSR must cancel or change a scheduled package date for any reason, you may transfer your payment to another date subject to availability, or you may request a full refund of your payment. SSR is not responsible for your expenses incurred in preparation for any cancelled package, such as airline tickets, loss of work, illness, etc.
Travel cancellation insurance is strongly advised.
SSR is not responsible for services provided by third parties
Sport and adventure trips, especially on or in the ocean such as surfing, jungle trekking or taking a boat out to the waves, carry with them some degree of risk. Each participant must carefully judge whether his/her state of health and fitness level permit to undertake such a trip or a surf session under the prevailing conditions. The customer consents to at his/her own cost to receive medical treatment which may be deemed necessary by SSR in the case of injury, accident or illness during the course of undertaking a surfing lesson or taking part in any other activities associated with surfing lessons, and also agrees to indemnify SSR in the respect of such medical treatment.
4. Data Usage and Protection
The customer agrees that he/she may be photographed and/or filmed during his/her stay and/or activities in connection with SSR, and also agrees that the company may use such recordings for promotion and/or advertising purposes without any prior consent.
5. SSR Equipment
The customer acknowledges that they will be utilising equipment and clothing provided by SSR for the provision of their lessons. Should the customer lose any equipment/clothing belonging to SSR, break or damage any equipment belonging to SSR then the customer warrants to either cover the cost to make good the equipment/clothing( if possible )or cover the cost of replacing the equipment/clothing with an identical new piece of equipment/clothing.
6.Place of Jurisdiction and applicable Laws
The place of jurisdiction and applicable law is the place of residence of the company PT Sumatra Surf Resort. Legal claims against the company shall be governed in all respects by and in accordance with the laws of Indonesia.